I’ve spent my entire life trying to figure how to be happy and fulfill my dreams, wondering “why do some people have it all and some don’t?” Five years ago, I awoke to a life that I didn’t recognize nor had envisioned growing up. I had no money, I had extricated myself from friends/family, I was in an unhealthy “relationship,” and I was overweight. So I decided to go on a journey to define what made me happy, how to feel whole, and understand how life works. After spending time traveling, analyzing, reading, crying, laughing, and exploring within – these six words, in this exact order, define what I have learned:
LOVE. THINK. THANK. ACT. THINGS. MAGIC.
Love is your foundation to create the life of your dreams. You have to love yourself and fill every single day with things you absolutely love. No lukewarm allowed! Everything in your life should always be vibrating with passion and love. If your life isn’t like this today, it’s okay. It begins with “selfishly” detaching yourself from everything, big and small, that doesn’t bring you joy. It will be a lonely and at times scary process, but it’s absolutely necessary to create a strong self-love foundation. You can start with the following:
- Create boundaries and learn how to say NO. You will NOT: have it “all”, have healthy/balanced relationships, or create your ideal happy life, if you don’t prioritize yourself first. So begin to think of the word “selfish” as key to your self-love foundation. When making any decision, ask yourself these questions: Does this honor me? Is this the best thing for me? Will this decision get me closer to my ideal life? If, the answer is no, don’t do it.
- Declutter your environment – every item you own and hold onto, from that tattered concert t-shirt to old high school notebooks, has to be something you love. If you don’t love it, get rid of it.
- Every single person in your life should unconditionally love and support you. You will have to slowly distance yourself from people who are negative, pessimistic, close-minded, or have limited beliefs. This process may seem harsh and difficult, but you’ll soon have better and more rewarding relationships. Once you have a loving support system, it is important to continually foster these relationships.
- Love and accept your body. Treat and take amazing care of your physical self – ensure you do something active and eat healthy everyday.
- Your true passion should be how you make money (i.e. work). If you don’t know what that is, begin to explore, explore, explore. Try it all until you have clearly defined it.
- Treat YO’SELF.
Have you ever looked around and thought: everything I see was once a thought in someone’s mind? The way you think will be the blueprint of your ideal life. Remember, there are no limits! Anything is possible! You are the only one who sets these imaginary limits. We live in a beautiful world full of abundance and unlimited possibilities. Start thinking that way! You want to join a traveling circus in Europe for a year and then start a successful basket weaving business in the Galapagos afterwards? Don’t worry. It will happen! Your thoughts should only be consumed with visualizing what you love, what you want, and what makes your soul tingle. Every single day, write down your dreams and ideas, no matter how big and “farfetched!” This process may seem “weird,” but you have to “pretend” and feel as if you are living your dream life to prepare your mind to believe it’s possible.
Are you thinking about your ideal life every day? Are you writing it down? Now, you have to give thanks to the Universe/God/Higher Power/Gut/Intuition (whatever your definition is of that spiritual energy that connects us all) for giving it to you. You may not have it yet, but give gratitude and trust that it’s on its way. Every single atom in your body should vibrate with excitement, belief, and confidence that it will happen. If in doubt, write affirmations to help you feel positive and empowered. Always maintain constant communication and prayer with the Universe/God/Higher Power/Gut/Intuition.
Your dream life is not going to happen by you sitting on the couch! Get up and move towards the direction of your dream life, direct all your physical energy toward anything that gets you closer! You know your ultimate goal. Don’t worry about how it will happen – simply break down your ultimate goal into small goals that can be completed in one day. These goals cannot be delayed, you have to do them NOW. You’ll never get this time back, so any delay in completing them will delay your enjoyment of the physical form of your dream life. You will get “rejected” and at times you will think you made a wrong turn, but there are no mistakes. When you are rejected or you feel you made a mistake:
- Ignore all self-doubt and fear. Remind yourself that you are NOT A VICTIM. Give thanks for this lesson and trust that it’s part of the process to get you a step closer to your dream life.
- Forgive yourself
- Understand and apply the lesson
- Move forward quickly and keep moving!
At the end of each day, reflect and ensure you did something that day to create your ideal life.
So something “weird” starts happening… without you noticing, things slowly start to change. All the pure love you are radiating, your thoughts, reverent gratitude, and actions start manifesting themselves physically! Once you start seeing your thoughts manifesting themselves and you have a strong balanced foundation, share your knowledge and help anyone who is open-minded. Before you know it, the things in your life are exactly what you envisioned and you are living your absolutely utterly amazing dream life. It can honestly only be…
We are here on earth for three reasons: (1) to love, (2) to co-create in partnership with the Universe/God/Higher Power/Gut/Intuition, and (3) live an extraordinary, happy life. There’s no point in spending time and energy overthinking how or why this works. Just try it, don’t settle, never give up, enjoy every moment of your amazing journey… and remember YOU are no different than Beyoncé!