Internet Service Providers (ISPs) experiment with anti-spam filters constantly. Unfortunately, these filters sometimes interpret our mailings as spam, preventing their delivery (even if they were being delivered regularly before)!
There are several steps you can take:
- Check to see if your email account has a way for you to recover filtered emails (they almost always do). Usually filtered mail is automatically put into a folder called "Junk Mail" or "Spam," which you can easily access. After finding our mail, you may then be able to click on a link that might say: "This is not spam," or, "Allow this sender to send you email."
- You may also be able to adjust or change the settings of your email account to modify how your email is filtered. It might also be required that you add [email protected] and [email protected] to a list of approved senders (such as your address book/contacts).
- Click here to refresh your Notes profile and make sure that the days in which you want to receive the Notes are checked, and click "Sign Up."
- Sign-up using another e-mail address.
- Complain to your ISP (see sample letter below). ISPs employ powerful filters to block unwanted mail and will sometimes accidentally block legitimate, requested mail also. We use a mailing service called Constant Contact to send our mails. We ask that you contact your ISP and request they either remove the block on our mail, or specifically whitelist it. We have included a message drafted for this purpose below. Once you have received an answer from your ISP, please forward it to [email protected] so that they can work with your ISP if there are more questions.
Sample Letter to your ISP
To: ISP Customer Support
Subject: Remove Constant Contact Block
Hello. My name is XXXX and I have been a customer of your services since XXXX. I understand that you employ filters and/or blacklists to protect customers like myself from unsolicited email; however, this has made it impossible for me to receive newsletters, announcements, and promotions that I have requested. I value these communications and would like to receive them using this email address.
The sender of these emails uses an email marketing service called Constant Contact. Constant Contact is not an open relay and has strict anti-spam policies in place. Because your filters block emails from Constant Contact I am unable to receive these communications.
I ask that you please help me determine why these emails are being blocked. For further information about Constant Contact or to request more information from them such as log files, the Ops team can be reached at - 781.472.8103 or [email protected]
Mail from Constant Contact can be found with the following characteristics:
All mail from Constant Contact is sent from:
IP Range: 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
Network/Netmask: 188.8.131.52 255.255.255.0
Specific IPs sending from this range:
Please contact me when this problem has been resolved.