The Prosperity Game is a lavish and playful game by Abraham Hicks.
If you’re not familiar with the Law of Attraction teachings of Abraham-Hicks, they are a group of non-physical teachers channeled by Esther Hicks filled with Universal wisdom and witty repartee.
It took a while to wrap my mind around the idea of channeled beings but once I read their teachings, I was hooked for life. Within their teachings, Abraham offers many experiential exercises to help guide you towards awakening and realizing your desires and reduce focus on the unwanted experiences in your life.
The point of the Prosperity Game is to expand our ability to receive and spend wealth, and to direct it with our intention and attention.
Since it’s Law of Attraction based, the focus is on raising our vibrational state so that we are in alignment with receiving and spending large sums of money. And in doing so, we awaken more creativity within us.
The key is to connect emotionally, as though we already ARE receiving and spending it in real life!
In this game, you’re not receiving or spending “real life” dollars (yet!).
The basic game goes like this:
- On the first day, imagine that you are receiving $1,000 from the Universe for you to spend exactly as you please. Think about what you’d like to spend the money on, and go ahead and spend it in your mind.
- On the next day, imagine receiving $2,000. Spend all of it again, exactly as you desire.
- On the following day, you receive $3,000, and so on.
- You can go for 30 days, or as long as you please.
You can use an old deposit book and create pretend cheques flowing in and out. You can write your notes in a journal. Or you can use an online accounting program. Do whatever feels more REAL to you and more enjoyable.
As you continue to play this daily, it will be quite a mental exercise to decide how and when to use the money.
Abraham says that by playing this game:
- we begin reaching for new ideas
- we create new vibrational set points from which to attract
This is where it gets really fun! In this game, you can go as general or as detailed as you wish.
Go general if the idea of spending on something in particular makes you uncomfortable. In this case you may not be really aligned yet with spending that much money. Or you might find that spending that much money on something in particular is just too “out there.” In such cases, go more general. In other words, instead of the red BMW with the full upgrade, go with a brand new red car that drives you safely back and forth.
Go detailed when the details are fun and joyful to contemplate. The idea is to stop at the point where it feels unlikely or uncomfortable, and step back to a more general vision by letting go of some of the details.
There are many ways that people play this game…
Some start out with $100 and double this amount each day. Some start off at $1,000 and double that each day. Try it out for 30 days and see which way it’s more fun to play.
Now, a lot of interesting things crop up as people play…
For example, money blocks.
How do you know if you have a money block or issue, even if you love and believe in the idea of abundance? Well money – or cash – carries a LOT more triggers for people than the idea of abundance. Try this fun little exercise if you’re unsure whether you have money blocks:
Say the word “money” out loud a few times.
And then FEEL for the energy around it as you say it.
In fact, try this several times and note down the sensations and energy you unravel. You may be VERY surprised at what you discover. I know I was!
In fact you may discover MANY money blocks or money-related limiting beliefs, but that’s good! Once you are aware of them, you can use clearing techniques to help reduce and eliminate them.
One of the few things that stopped people from feeling “the juice” when playing, was the huge gap between their real life money situation and the enormous daily quantities that you play with.
The gap drew their attention away from the emerging creativity in ideas and the focus.
So how DO you cross the bridge between playing the wonderful Prosperity Game in a way that raises your vibrations yet still be able to align with money stuff happening in “real time”?
- Clear, clear and clear some more! Clear away old money stories. Clear away fears and worries as best you can. Find a way to suspend them when you play.
- Accept the now. Find a way to make peace with your current money situation, and take care of business now with the energy of a successful money manager.
- Refocus on the game. And continue to redirect your focus there and watch your creativity launch! Try the game and see what transpires! It is really quite eye opening and fun.