Whether you’re learning or strengthening your intuitive side, you have four very big tools in your intuition development toolbox that are absolutely free and accessible to you at any time: earth, fire, air, and water.
When we’re developing our intuition, we are connecting to nature in every way, because we are nature, we are made from nature, and we encompass natural beings.
Nature is intuitive in every single way. It is growing, evolving, thriving, and rebirthing every day and every month for every year of all time. It is much like us without the constant stimulation, trauma, and stress that goes with being a human being.
When we connect to nature, we are tapping into our roots—our core. And, just like when a plant hits the sun and receives the rain, that connection brings growth.
So, how do we do this? How do we incorporate all of the elements into our intuition practice? Here’s a hint: let nature lead the way. It’s quite simple and all it takes is a little help from the world around you.
Here are a few ways you can incorporate all four elements into your intuition development practice.
There are many studies that have explained the benefits of Earthing—such as reduced inflammation, lower blood pressure, lower stress, and mood enhancement. The results are in: grounding is now mandatory for your mental health.
If in any way you can get outside—go. This will help you open your intuitive senses. When we take the time to connect with the earth’s vibration, we are going back to where we are supposed to be and that connection speaks to our intuition directly. It is safe to come out and make decisions. We are not in fight or flight mode; we are relaxed and ready.
This could mean walking barefoot in the grass outside, going for a walk on the beach, sitting against a tree, or soaking in the sun.
A few other ways you can incorporate Mother Nature in your intuition development:
- Plant a small garden—get your hands in the soil and nurture plants or food. Water those plants with loving intentions.
- Eat herbs and spices and foods from the earth, thanking them for their nourishment.
- Schedule a camping trip where you can get around trails and hike nature.
In general, these are all great ways to connect to Mother Earth.
Inside for work? You can also use grounding mats, sheets, or grounding pads to ward off EMF or bad radiation from your home.
Fire: Releasing It All
Fire is a fun one! When we are ready to release emotions, a great ritual to conduct is a burning ceremony. If you have a list of things you’d like to release, let go of, or expand into a new space, you can create a moon-cycle-related release.
It’s simply a burning session where you let it all go with fire. This includes a safe space to read your intentions out loud, light them on fire, watch them burn, and make peace with the ashes.
Light a candle and stare at the flame while you meditate on your intuitive abilities. Take the time to stare right at the fire and allow the organic movement of the flame to move you and show you what you need to see.
You can also:
- Cook over a real, outdoor fire!
- Create a campfire-like space where you can have meaningful conversations around the fire pit and set new intentions with your loved ones.
- And, of course, you can always smudge or sage your home and let the smoke clear the air.
Air: Drawing into Self
There are several different ways you can open the air element to recharge your intuitive abilities:
- You can go outside and conduct a breathwork session. Breathe fresh air into your lungs and feel the way it feels on your skin, in your hair, and on your face.
- You can put a wind chime up outside your home and listen as the air flows through the musical instrument and opens the frequencies to your body.
- You can also whistle or hum—move the air around you!
- You can move and swing your arms and legs, just moving simple particles of the air and watching how your vibrations change is very powerful.
- Swinging, swaying, or dancing in the breeze is a great activity for using the air element.
Any time you can move the air around you, do it!
Water: Flowing with Source
And last, but not least, we have water—a very important element in the intuitive journey. Water is life. Water is Source. Water is everything. It’s what we are made from and made of and we cannot live without it. So, in that case, water is a healing element and can be used in many different ways for your development.
- Taking a sacred bath is one way you can incorporate water. Light a candle, set a safe space, smudge the area, and soak in your favorite Epsom salts or essential oils. It can be very cathartic and opening for both your physical body and intuitive mind.
- Drinking pure, quality filtered water is important in the intuitive journey as well. You need to feed your body quality water because we drink so much of it. Take the time to test your water (with an at-home kit is fine!) and be sure it is quality. If not, a water filter may be in your future.
- And, of course, get to water. If you can get to a big body of water—a lake, the sea, or even a pool—it will help you in every way possible. When you’re around water, your sympathetic nervous system simply slows down and relaxes, and you’re able to have more clarity on your situation.
All the elements are crucial in our journey, so take the time to implement earth, air, fire, and water in your daily life. See what happens, and of course, journal it out. Good luck on your elemental journey! Your intuition will thank you.