Are you in a relationship or looking for one? Do you want even MORE LOVE? I can tell you, from my own experience, it can happen sooner than you may think...
For most of my life I was desperate and dateless, wondering if I’d ever get married and have a family.
Then, when I least expected it (at age 47) and had begun thinking my chance had passed, I was invited to speak at a four-day inspirational event with none other than don Miguel Ruiz, famed author of The Four Agreements, in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
There in Mexico, I met a Mexican beauty, who spoke not a word of English! Nor did I speak a word of Spanish (the Spanish-speaking audience wore headsets to hear simultaneous translation of my segments).
Each time I saw her during the event, I got flustered and babbled on about anything I could think of, until I remembered she didn’t understand anything I was saying.
We took a few pictures together that we later shared by email, which is when we discovered Google Translate! Our emails to each other got longer, and before long, we agreed to meet again… and then again… and then again.
Three years later we were married, and have since drawn the conclusion that not speaking your partner’s language makes for a solid gold foundation in love!
Today, eleven years later and doing well-enough in each other’s language, we’re still in love, and proud first-time parents to a bilingual daughter who bursts our hearts with joy, every single day.
I often wonder, as you will one day too (if not already)… what I did in my human, flailing, mortal, desperate, badmouthing life to deserve so much?
To even ask that question, of course, reveals that some of my “old wiring” (limiting beliefs) is still evident in my thoughts, but now, so is the truth—we were all born deserving. Even our own fears and negativity can’t stop us when we learn who we really are, how much we deserve, and all we’re capable of doing.
If I were to attribute my “Loneliness to Love" story to 5 things, they would be:
1. Never think, no matter your past, that some things “aren’t meant to be.”
2. No matter how much you want love to work, don’t insist on who it should work with.
3. Keep “working” all other areas of your life, so that when you find love, you’re ready.
4. Get out, go, act with faith, demonstrate, risk your heart, and say YES to every chance.
5. Allow your definition of your “dream partner” to evolve and mature into better than you now think is possible – otherwise, you might not recognize them when they appear in your life.
Become a blog contributor!Learn more!
© 2017 TUT (The Universe Talks). All rights reserved.