THIS TRIP HAS SOLD OUT!
To be added to the Iceland waiting list, please email us.
- An international study done in 2006 ranked Iceland as the "Fourth Happiest Nation" in the world.
- Iceland was the last European country to be settled—sometime during the 9th or 10th centuries when Scandinavian sailors discovered it.
- As a hot spot of volcanic and geothermal activity, natural hot water supplies much of the population with cheap, pollution-free heating.
- Many Icelanders believe in elves. Certain roads have been re-routed to avoid disturbing areas where elves are thought to live.
- The Vatnajokull volcano covers 8% of the country. Snowfields and glaciers cover more than 13%.
- 60% of Iceland's population lives in the capital, Reykjavík.
- In 1980, Icelanders elected Vigdis Finnbogadottir as the world's first female head of state.
- Icelanders still speak the language of the Vikings.
- It is documented to have some of the purest water in the world.
- Fish and fish products are still Iceland's most important revenue sources, followed by exports of aluminum and iron silicon.
- Most Icelanders do not have a family name (such as Johnson, Smith). So children have a given name and then father’s-name-son or father’s-name-daughter.
- Because they don’t have surnames, it is not appropriate to call an Icelander by Mr. or Ms. Almost all Icelanders use the first name with everyone—including the president of Iceland.
- Iceland is the world’s oldest democracy. Its parliament (Althingi) was founded about 1,000 years ago.
- The weather in Iceland is not as cold as you might think. (Winter is a lot colder in Minnesota!) Average winter daytime temperature in Reykjavik is 31 degrees °F.
- Iceland is very green, because there is so much water and the climate is mild. (There are not many trees however.)
I'm thrilled to announce a first... ICELAND!! It's long been a personal dream of mine to visit this outpost of the Vikings, and I've been told this is also true for many of you! So in keeping with our mission and intents, TUT's Adventurers Club is headed out on a brand new adventure! This time we're going to explore a bit of Scandinavian Europe, to a little island so far north that it extends into the Artic Circle!
Our WOW Tours are known for the fun and friendships that are made with scenic backdrops that are as spectacular as they are energy inducing. None of us self-proclaimed TUTTERS are into the idea of "group travel" – the whole notion speaks of compromise, routine, and boredom – hardly adjectives for the life adventurers that we are! Yet something magical happens when likeminded thinkers embark on these trips. As was recently shared on one of our trips, "I've done group travel before when there were few alternatives, and while I enjoyed the people, the conversations could only go so far..." Whoa, this does NOT happen on our trips! Everyone is fully versed in spiritual thinking, personal responsibility, and creating our own realities! Dreams and challenges are shared, illumination is sparked, and lives are changed. On every trip we've ever taken, fast friends are made almost immediately, and kept long after we return home.
Travel, alone, is mind expanding and invigorating, but when you add to the mix fantastic itineraries in exotic locales, great conversations, and super-cool people... NOTHING ELSE COMPARES! Obviously, I've been on every one of our WOW Tours, and they've quickly become the highlights of my year. And during each trip, I have this feeling, "YES!! This is it!! Life is so awesome!! I HAVE TO SPREAD THE WORD to all our fellow TUTTERS how truly awesome these adventures are!" But don't just take my word for it, read the testimonials! Many of our TUTTERS have joined us on multiple trips! In fact, we're now seeing 10-20% WOW TOUR repeaters on our trips.
We work extremely hard at choosing the best locations on the planet, always in 4 or 5 star accommodations, at prices that approximate, or are less than, what they would be if you booked alone. We don't host these trips for the small margins involved, we host them because they are life changers for all who participate. Group sizes typically range from 45-90 people, but there is no limit either way. Always, the right people show up for the right trip, and the quantities are always "perfect."
But be warned, there is invariably sadness when it comes time to say our farewells. Happily, there are no goodbyes without reunions, no endings without beginnings!
See you in Reykjavik!
GET TO KNOW EVERYONE BEFORE THE TRIP!
Meet who's going, get important updates, share travel tips.
The Wonders of Iceland Facebook Group.
"When I booked the travel, I had no idea what to expect... Here I am one week after returning home, still profoundly experiencing my experience!"
This is an opportunity for like-minded thinkers from around the world to share the experience of a lifetime. Learn how to “Play the Matrix,” Mike’s most impactful, highly rated program for creating deliberate life changes, amidst a life adventure that will charge all of your senses. Leaving the past behind, creating the space for change, and meeting in a brand new place, with brand new friends sharing the intention to understand life while living it to the fullest. For us, the most important thing is to achieve a sense of comfort from day one; to learn, explore, and discover together. Mike's casual, unplugged workshops compliment this approach; for the entire week we will all be immersed in truth. Mike will start by following a schedule of talking points, including his latest touring material, The Matrix. There'll be time for questions and answers as we freestyle on any other topics that come up. Here's some of what else we have to look forward to over the course of this great experience:
- Private time with Mike and Andy, time permitting, as they seat-hop on each bus tour!
- Roundtrip international airfare from New York to Reykjavik back to New York.
- 6 nights' accommodation at some of Iceland's most beautiful Hotels.
- Sightseeing and transfers by deluxe motor coach.
- English speaking guide and escort throughout the adventure.
- Exploring Iceland with Mike Dooley and "TUTTERS" from all over the world.
- Q&A time will follow each talk to address your specific needs, concerns, dreams, and challenges!
- Casual, unplugged workshops centered on self-discovery and manifesting change, designed to make this adventure a truly life-changing experience.
The MatrixTM is a proprietary tool to help you define and get clear on what it is you really want. It not only helps you decide what that is, but it shows you how best to get there. You'll also quickly come to see that HAPPINESS is the ultimate end result, not because material things don't matter, but because they do!
Click Here to read RAVE REVIEWS!
Recent WOW trips!
"It was incredible to meet you all and share such an INCREDIBLE adventure. Such an incredible heart-opening and soul-awakening experience. Love you all. Thank you for the special way each and every one of you affected my life with love and possibilities."
"Those who say that nice songs never last long obviously have not taken a TUT cruise and experienced the everlasting, ear deafening, heart pumping exhilaration of this life changing event!!!"
DAY 1: SATURDAY, AUGUST 31: DEPARTURE
On Saturday, depart New York for Iceland with your fellow TUT Adventurers! We will meet at the departure gate and the adventure will begin from there. The flight is only 6 hours from New York to Reykjavik. Pre-departure checklist, packing tips, etc.
DAY 2: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1: REYKJAVIK/SELFOSS
Upon arriving in Reykjavik, our guides will be waiting to meet us. Our exploration of this dramatic country begins as we leave the airport and drive to the "Blue Lagoon," where we will unwind from our flight in the famous natural geothermal pools (positioned in the middle of a large and dramatic lava field!) After our morning swim and breakfast we will head to Selfoss (our home for the next 4 nights), driving along the coast to the Krysuvik Geothermal area (with bubbling mud pools and stream vents). We will eat lunch in Selfoss and take an afternoon stroll through the town with our guide. The day ends at the local swimming pool for an introduction to the Icelandic Pool traditions, followed by a special dinner and meeting with Mike and the group.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
DAY 3: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2: SELFOSS
Our adventure begins today as we drive along the south coast to the little fishing village of VIK. Keep your camera handy for the magnificent sites we'll see while driving, including waterfalls, glaciers, and impressive mountains. We'll walk along the black sand beach of Cape Dyrholaey and visit the Nature Reserve to see a huge variety of birds as well as thousands of puffins. Lunch will be on our own today, so we're free to roam and explore!
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
DAY 4: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3: SELFOSS/LANDMANNALAUGAR
Today we'll venture to the interior of Iceland and the famous Landmannalaugar desert, a magnificent area surrounded by colorful rhyolite mountains. Landmannalaugar's colorful mountains are formed by centuries of volcanic activity in the area and the picturesque natural landscape is simply breathtaking! While there, we'll enjoy a relaxing bath in the natural warm pool, which was created when the hot and cold springs of the area combined. If you aren't in the mood for a swim, you may want to consider a leisurely hike in the surrounding rhyolite mountain paths.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 5: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4: SELFOSS/VESTMANNAEYJAR (THE WESTMAN ISLANDS)
Today is a free day to be enjoyed at your leisure, or you may join an optional excursion to Vestmannaeyjar (The Westman Islands). A true wonder of nature, Vestmannaeyjar is the youngest of the islands in Iceland, only 40 years old. This excursion will take those who attend on the ferry from Bakkafjara to Heimaey Island, where we'll visit the puffin nesting area in Storhofdi and walk up to the crater of a volcano that erupted only a few years ago. After lunch we'll take a boat cruise to see the wonders of Vestmannaeyjar nature, colorful ocean caves, and thousands of seabirds. On the return from the cruise we'll hear instrumental music in the natural echo of the ocean cave Klettshellir!
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 6: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5: SELFOSS/REYKJAVIK
This morning we will leave Selfoss for Reykjavik. On our way we'll stop to visit the waterfall Gullfoss and the sprouting Geyser. Lunch will be at the Hotel Geyser. Then it's off to Thingvellir National Park where the Parliament met under the open sky 1000 years ago. It's here that the North American and the European Continental shelves meet. Once arriving in Reykjavik we will enjoy a short city tour followed by dinner at Einar Ben Restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 7: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6: REYKJAVIK
After breakfast we will be introduced to the Icelandic horse at a special presentation exhibiting how the horses of Iceland "tolt." Beside the traditional walk, trot and canter, the Icelandic Horse performs two extra gaits, the tolt and flying place. The tolt is an extremely smooth four-beat gait, much like the running walk or rack that allows the rider a virtually bounce-free ride at speeds up to 20 mph. The tolt is a natural gait, no artificial aids are needed and you often see foals tolting in the pasture. After the presentation, we will enjoy an early lunch and head directly to the pier for a whale safari. The remainder of the day can be spent at your leisure in Central Reykjavik or visiting the Saga Museum or the Modern Art Museum at an additional cost. This evening we will hold a special farewell dinner at the famous Restaurant Reykjavik (with a big Icelandic Fish Buffet) to say our goodbyes before setting off for home tomorrow.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 8: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 7: DEPARTURE
Today we'll catch our transfer to the airport make our way back home to our friends and family who await. Remember, there are no goodbyes without reunions and no endings without beginnings. This adventure is just the start to the "best" of our amazing lives!
Itinerary is subject to change without prior notice.
Hotel Selfoss is a new, elegant, and modern hotel in the center of South Iceland. It’s located in a peaceful environment on the banks of the big streaming Ölfus River in the town of Selfoss – the self-proclaimed agricultural capital of Iceland – a stone’s throw from Reykjavik and a perfect place from which to explore Iceland’s exotic south. The hotel embraces a soothing water theme, present in the tasteful architectural features that run through the hotel’s bright and modern design element.
Located in the up-and-coming downtown harbor district, the Hotel Marina is not just another hotel in Reykjavik. Instead, this hotel - which opened in the spring of 2012 - strives to deliver a more authentic Reykjavik experience, by synthesizing the city’s rich maritime history with its colorful, vibrant, and modern present day culture. The hotel is situated in a completely renovated four-story building that has become a landmark among local residents as it is located next to the historical, and still fully functioning, dry-dock called Slippur.
While the topics of conversation are at times unpredictable and dependent upon those traveling with us, Mike will kick off his part of the program by drawing from his current World Tour IV material, Playing the Matrix. Topics will likely include:
- Lessons on how to become unstuck - socially, romantically, and at work.
- Tips for thriving in spite of global economic conditions, creating opportunity out of chaos, and living during the most exciting time to be alive in recorded history.
- Re-discovering your passions, achieving clarity, and becoming enthused again - no matter what you've been through.
- Learning to grasp your phenomenal, supernatural powers and understanding exactly how to use them, as "the eyes and the ears" of the divine.
- Learning how to work around invisible limiting beliefs, without ever having to discover what they are.
- Learning how to take action in the direction of your dreams while not messing with the "cursed hows."
- Ample Q&A time to address your specific needs, concerns, dreams, and challenges!
Andy, Mike's brother, a Law of Attraction expert, spiritual comedian, and life coach will be there with us throughout the adventure and, time permitting, will host several optional talks, including morning "Body and Soul Wake-up Sessions" to set the tone for most days! Andy is also a life coach and he'll be offering free one-on-one talks, as will Mike!
For more on Andy, and his current touring material, "Vibration Activation," visit his website here: www.andydooley.com.
Wonders of Iceland Tour Rates:
Land and Roundtrip Airfare from New York:
|Twin Accommodations||$4,495.00 per person|
|Single Accommodations (single accommodations are limited.)||$5,280.00 per person|
Land Only (No international air and no arrival & departure transfers included):
|Twin Accommodations||$3,340.00 per person|
|Single Accommodations (single accommodations are limited)||$4,125.00 per person|
Want a roomate?Learning Through Travel will help match you up with a fellow Adventurer! E-mail for more information!
- The entire TUT experience - Casual, unplugged talks with Mike Dooley, all TUT activities, and oh so much more.
- Roundtrip international air from New York/Reykjavik/New York.
- 4 nights accommodation at the Hotel Selfoss or similar.
- 2 nights accommodation in Reykjavik at the Hotel Marina or similar.
- 6 breakfast, 5 lunch and 6 dinners.
- All sightseeing and transfers by deluxe motor coach.
- English speaking guide/escort throughout.
- All entrance fees.
- Hotel taxes and service charges.
- U.S. Airport Security Fees, Taxes and Fuel Surcharges.
Rates Do Not Include:
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, internet services, beverages, tips, travel insurance, etc.
Travel InsuranceWe strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance* before any TUT trip! Travel insurance offers travelers coverage for unforeseen problems, from a cancelled flight to a serious illness—or in rare cases, even an act of terrorism or the financial default of a travel supplier. If you miss a travel connection, even for reasons beyond your control, you are NOT necessarily protected from financial loss unless you have travel insurance. For example, if you encounter mechanical problems, flight delays, or inclement weather that causes you to miss connections, the airline carrier might re-book you, although in many cases (such as bad weather) it is NOT guaranteed (in which case you may either have to purchase an entirely new roundtrip ticket or forego the entire prepaid trip without any reimbursement). Travel insurance can cover new flights or provide trip cancellation coverage (for a covered loss), as well as emergency medical expenses and medical transportation. Travel insurance also provides 24-hour "911" emergency travel agency-type service, in case a traveler has to change a flight or a hotel room, in addition to assistance with emergency cash transfers, lost baggage, and pre-trip consultation services (travel advisories, passport requirements, inoculation information, etc.).
* Travel Guard insurance is only available to US and Canadian residents at this time. If you live elsewhere, pls check for such coverage within your home country from independent providers.
Frequently Asked Questions about Travel Insurance
BEEN ON A WOW TOUR WITH US BEFORE?Repeat TUT travelers who have attended a previous "Playing the Matrix" Wonders of the World Tour save $100 off the workshop fee. Just let Learning Through Travel know!
2) Fill out & Sign the Reservation Form
3) Fill out & Sign the Credit Card
4) Fill out & Sign the Risk Agreement Form
5) Submit your SIGNED TERMS & CONDITIONS, COMPLETED RESERVATION, CREDIT CARD, & RISK AGREEMENT AUTHORIZATION FORMS to Learning Through Travel by email, fax, or mail:
BY EMAIL: email@example.com
Learning Through Travel
2470 North Jerusalem Road, Suite 15
North Bellmore, NY 11710
HELPFUL INFORMATION: history, climate, clothing tips, recommended packing list,
QUESTIONS? Contact Learning Through Travel at 1-866-853-2711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: If you do not sign up directly through our travel agent, Learning Through Travel, you cannot be considered part of the TUT group and take part in the TUT activities. Sorry!